Adjustable Dumbells

One of the greatest recent inventions when it comes to workout equipment is the adjustable dumbells. Any who has ever worked out at the gym knows that it can sometimes be a hassle having to find the right weights you need that's not already being used. The good thing about the gym though is that you have a wide range of weights to work with.

As you know, having those many dumbbells at home just isn't practical. It would take up way too much space. Well, now you have the adjustable dumbbells. When this first came out on the market, I thought this was to coolest invention when it comes to weights. You're able to switch from light weights to heavy ones with a simple adjustment and the best part is it all just 1 set of dumbbells.

The first time I saw this was on a Bowflex commercial. I own a Bowflex myself and the ease of switching weights and the range of motion that it gives me is incredible so once I saw that they made adjustable dumbbells, I knew they would be good but passed up on the idea because of the cost. About a year later, I started seeing different versions of this thing at sports stores. The way you adjust the weights were a bit different but the concept was all the same. So naturally, I tried it out.

I have to say that the ease of switching weights is such a convenience. You don't have to carry the weights back to its place like you have to do in the gym. It's all there, everything you need, in one spot. The only thing that was weird at first was the shape of the dumbbell since it's longer than a normal one. But after doing several sets, I already started to get used to it. Yes, I was doing an arm workout right there at the store. The good part was the the prices were a lot cheaper than when these things first came out. You gotta love competition.

There is just so much benefit to having this piece of equipment. Buying all the dumbbells you need to equal the range of weights you get with one of these adjustable dumbbells will cost you way more money. On top of that, it's going to take up way more room in your house as well. This is one convenient, space saving, powerful piece of work. It's one of the best investments I've made. No longer do I have to settle for those hold rusted dumbbells. I used to have the kind where you have to unscrew the holder and put plates on. That took so much time that it was ridiculous. I guess that's why I love the adjustable dumbbell set so much. The alternative is just a pain.

What you'll find on this site is a guide to choosing the right set for you. Not all adjustable dumbells are the same. Some of them are poorly made and might just frustrate you. I'll also be giving some workout tips as well. Enjoy.

Information source: SmartDumbbells.com